The George Pick House was designed by Howard Van Doren Shaw in 1915. Located in Highland Park, it was originally sited on a large parcel of land straddling the slope of a ravine. The property has been subdivided multiple times since the 1960s and is now enclosed by new houses, hardly visible from the main road. In the early 1970s, a swimming pool, pool house, and bomb shelter were added. There are other mid-century renovations still present inside the house, including the intercom system and drop ceilings on the main level. The garage was the last addition and dates to the early 1980s.
Architect Shaw is well known for projects including the Lakeside Press, Market Square, Marktown, and his own estate Ragdale. He was a prominent and prolific society architect during his career which spanned from 1895 until his death in 1922. The Pick house is one of many Shaw designs located in the North Shore. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1982, the same year it was sold to its current owner. However, the house is now for sale and is a serious tear-down risk facing an uncertain future.